[opensuse-packaging] Re: call for volunteers: singlespec auto-conversion
On 26.8.2017 20:16, Luigi Baldoni wrote:
Factory still contains
python-argparse, which has not been necessary since openSUSE 12.1 (because
it's in stdlib of all
shipped pythons). Worse, packages still list is as a requirement. This
needs to go.

I think I had stumbled upon that a while ago, but thing is the packages
themselves often rely on the
separate argparse module and therefore require patching.

I don't think so. python-argparse installs %{sitelib}/argparse.py, so "import
argparse" is the same
for the bundled version as for the separate version.
(let me know if you come across a package where argparse must be patched)

What you say is true for (some) backports modules though. The stand-alone ones
are imported under
different names.

regards
m.