[opensuse-packaging] Re: call for volunteers: singlespec auto-conversion
jan matejek-4 wrote
I have finally done what I promised several months ago and ran an
auto-converter over all python-*
packages in Factory. The results can be seen in:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:python:singlespec-staging

Händel's Hallelujah chorus is playing in my mind:)

jan matejek-4 wrote
* This is also a good opportunity to drop obsolete stuff. For instance,
Factory still contains
python-argparse, which has not been necessary since openSUSE 12.1 (because
it's in stdlib of all
shipped pythons). Worse, packages still list is as a requirement. This
needs to go.

I think I had stumbled upon that a while ago, but thing is the packages
themselves often rely on the
separate argparse module and therefore require patching.

Regards