[opensuse-packaging] Re: Python packages naming rules
On 18.8.2017 16:41, Thomas Bechtold wrote:
There is a difference if we translate pip requirements (eg via
metaextract[1]) to rpm requires
(assuming that other pip packages use the correct name). The name we should
use is then one that is
written in the setup.py/setup.cfg file. Which is "gogs_client". So the
correct name is imo
python-gogs_client .

That makes sense and disambiguates the package name.
How about this for a policy:
Package should be named as python-<setup.py `name` field>. If this is different
from PyPI name (e.g.
gogs_client as setup.py name, gogs-client as pypi name), then python-<PyPI
name> should also be
provided.

regards
m.