[opensuse-packaging] Creating meta-packages for python2/3 from a single spec
Hi!

I am in the situation where I need to build two meta-packages from a single
spec file,
one being named python2-$UPSTREAMNAME and the other being named
python3-$UPSTREAMNAME.
These packages are supposed to pull the same set of packages, with the only
difference
that python2-$UPSTREAMNAME pulls in the python2- packages while
python3-$UPSTREAMNAME
pulls in the python3- packages.

The python2- and python3- binary packages are also created from a single spec
file,
one example is python-azure-batch which can be found in [1]. In this spec file,
I'm using %python_subpackages from python-rpm-macros to generate the python2-
and
python3- binary packages.

I tried using this technique for the meta-package as well. However, that didn't
work
because python-rpm-macros expects a setup.py to be present which, of course, I
don't
have in an effectively empty package.

So, I am wondering whether anyone has a clever idea how to solve this issue. I
would
know how to do it for a Debian package, but my RPM background is not yet
proficient
enough to come up with a solution for RPM :).

Thanks,
Adrian

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:python/python-azure-batch