Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Python packaging for Fedora/CentOS requires /usr/bin/python which doesn't exist
  • From: Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 08:50:53 +0200
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> writes:

I could define /usr/bin/python to a specific package given that there
is no definition which exact python version is to be used in RedHat (from
what I read here).

In which distros (or OBS projects) do you have this problem exactly?

CentOS 7 and RHEL 7.

If I build the package locally for openSUSE, I don't get any dependency
on /bin/python, but when it builds through the OBS, it still gets in
there. I'm rewriting all the shebangs to /usr/bin/python now which fixes
it, but there were none referring to /bin/python before: It must be
coming from calling "/usr/bin/env python".

However, rewriting to /usr/bin/python2 doesn't work as there's still a
dependency on /usr/bin/python getting in there somehow. :/

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB
21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany