Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Poll about Url vs URL in RPM preamble
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 20:12:40 +0200
Am Freitag, 11. August 2017, 00:02:38 CEST schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Thursday 2017-08-10 20:10, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
[...]
As I already told you, "Url" is perfect upper camel case! See
https://google.github.io/styleguide/javaguide.html#s5.3-camel-case

"url" is not a word in a linguistic sense, but an acronym;

If you read my first reply to you in this thread, you would know that I am
aware of this and it is actually an initialism.

as for the scope
of Google's document, URL is in the same class as "IPv6", and so their
recommendations don't even apply, [...]

Sorry. I don't get it. The section explicitly cares about acronyms or unusual
constructs like "IPv6" or "iOS". Just have a look at the first example: "XML
HTTP request". "XMLHTTPRequest" is the incorrect one and thus "URL".
Or the second one: "new customer ID". "newCustomerID" is the incorrect one and
thus "URL".
And even "supports IPv6 on iOS?". "supportsIPv6OnIOS" is the incorrect one and
thus "URL".

Gruß
Jan
--
If the opposite of pro is con, what is the opposite of Progress?