Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Poll about Url vs URL in RPM preamble
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 2017-08-10 20:10, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 9. August 2017, 22:56:16 CEST schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
[...] The specfiles on the other hand have their tags
*consistently* camelcased from the words they were formed from, like
{build architectures -> BuildArch}, {automatic requires and provides ->
AutoReqProv}, etc. Except for {uniform resource location -> Url} which
is the odd bit.

As I already told you, "Url" is perfect upper camel case! See
https://google.github.io/styleguide/javaguide.html#s5.3-camel-case

"url" is not a word in a linguistic sense, but an acronym;

Technically speaking, it's an initialism, since you (typically) speak
each letter as they represent something independent. Acronyms
typically get spoken slurred as a word. U-R-L vs saying "earl" :)

This is why "Url" bothers me so much. URL is a prominent and important
initialism, just like IPv6, etc.