Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Poll about Url vs URL in RPM preamble
On Wednesday 2017-08-09 20:56, Luigi Baldoni wrote:

Tomas Chvatal wrote
As per complains here that we should use URL rather than Url in the
preamble of the spec-files I've decided to create quick doodle poll.

I understand pet peeves and the need for consistency, but why is it so
important?
Shouldn't, by the same token, also the <url> tag in OBS metadata be fully
uppercase?

The OBSXML tags are *consistently* lowercase as is often the case with
HTML and XML. The specfiles on the other hand have their tags
*consistently* camelcased from the words they were formed from, like
{build architectures -> BuildArch}, {automatic requires and provides ->
AutoReqProv}, etc. Except for {uniform resource location -> Url} which
is the odd bit.