[opensuse-packaging] Noarch package, with arch-specific subpackage
Hi,

I'm trying to package Maven 3.5.0 in devel:tools:building . One change
brought by this version is that it packages two .so files for native
console support.

Being a Java program, the package was built as noarch so far. Now I
would like to keep most of the package as 'noarch' and package the
arch-specific bits in subpackages. But I have no idea how to do that
:-)

If I keep the main package as 'noarch' and define a subpackage, the
subpackage will be noarch as well. If I try to manually define an
architecture for the subpackage using

BuildArch: %{_arch}

rpmbuild complains that

[ 2s] error: line 57: Only noarch subpackages are supported:
BuildArch: x86_64

Is there a way of building a NoArch main package with a arch-specific
subpackage?

Thanks,

Robert

--