Re: [opensuse-packaging] no more nobody user on OBS?
On Wednesday 24 May 2017, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Wed, 2017-05-24 at 09:25 +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:
However it's just annoying that we have to do that and endusers of
the
distro also have to do that. Probably a user would just use useradd
create the missing user manually with random id and group,
conflicting
to the definitions of
system-user-nobody's /usr/lib/sysusers.d/system-user-nobody.conf

an end-user trusting your package gets the user as a dependency.. why
would he have to create the user?

You as packager should know what your package requires - what user it
relies on and what not.

I don't understand why you always think about users only using distro
packages. This is about developers or interested people who want to
build and check software like util-linux or coreutils. It works on any
other Linux distro but not anymore on openSUSE. This is just *one*
example.

I can understand why we should remove useless users from the base system
but daemon and nobody are exceptions IMO.

The other aspect is that users will create missing users manually and
most likely with conflicting specs. So if they later install a package
which requires such user then it may not work.

cu,
Rudi