[opensuse-packaging] Packaging naemon: Handling systemd-related stuff in %post
Hi guys,

I stumbled upon the naemon package in server:monitoring, and gave
building naemon from the upstream spec a try:

home:ojkastl_buildservice:Naemon_upstream

I also tried to update the package in server:monitoring:
home:ojkastl_buildservice:branches:server:monitoring

I got both of them to build, but only by commenting out lots of stuff,
like this:
%post core
case "$*" in
2)
# Upgrading so try and restart if already running
# For systemctl systems we need to reload the configs
# becaues it'll complain if we just installed a new
# init script
#%if 0%{?use_systemd}
# systemctl daemon-reload
# systemctl condrestart %{name}.service
#%else
# /etc/init.d/%{name} condrestart &>/dev/null || true
#%endif
;;

I think (I am not an expert) upstream is trying to handle updates
without having to restart the service, but this does not allow builds
on OBS.

My Question is if there is a 'openSUSE'-way of doing things like that?
Is there any 'best practice' to do that? Any do's and dont's?

(I have not thoroughly looked into the differences between the
upstream spec and Lars lrupp's spec file in server:monitoring due to
there being so many differences, maybe Lars already added some of this)

Any hints are highly appreciated.

Johannes