Re: [opensuse-packaging] Basic question on ruby packaging and build ruby-dependent packages (chef)

On 04/27/2017 09:09 PM, Johannes Kastl wrote:
On 26.04.17 21:04 Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:

I see ruby builds successfully for sle_11_sp4 on d:l:r. I would
just add that path in your project meta, something like:
I linkpac'd the ruby2.2 package from d:l:r into my home project, and
also linkpac'd rubygem-gem2rpm.
home:ojkastl_buildservice:Chef_12_SLES_11

This far I am unable to build the latter for anything else than the
default ruby on the corresponding SLES release. I.e. although I have a
package for ruby2.2 I only get one gem2rpm package for ruby2.1 on SLES12.

This far I have not really tried to build chef, because I wanted to
understand how to get gem2rpm to build. Maybe this would solve my
(possible) misunderstanding on how to package ruby stuff via OBS.

Is there any docu on how to bootstrap gem2rpm (I found the variable in
the spec, but no experiments worked so far)? Or how to get started
with ruby packaging and the whole prjconf voodoo?

You can find most of the documentation in here:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Ruby

Your question in particular, I think it can be resolved by redefining some macros in your project. See for example:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/prjconf/devel:languages:ruby

I don't remember building rubygems for a different ruby other than the one in the official repos, but I guess redefining some of the macros should do the trick.

regards

jordi