Re: [opensuse-packaging] Non-blocking %check
* Bernhard Voelker (mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20170420 14:28]:

... it has been like that for quite a while now. I don't know what
was the motivation behind the split, but I can imagine that this speeded
up the build cycles on OBS dramatically.

With coreutils being a very basic core package, the split had two main
reasons. The first one was reducing the build time and the second one that
running the testsuite adds dependencies on packages that the build doesn't
have. Being that at the time the split was requested it was hinted that it
was planned to add to obs so that you could fail the build of another
package I grudgingly did the split. Of course that feature never
materialised...

Philipp