Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Update rpm configuration to fix issues and rationalize configuration
On Wed, Apr 26, Neal Gompa wrote:

As for /usr/com, I'm not sure whether it's right or wrong, but for
better or worse, Linux systems generally assume /usr can be read-only,

Which is not correct. FHS says /usr can be read-only, but most Linux
systems cannot scope with that and will report errors.
Only because FHS demands it does not mean developers will take care of
it...
And yes, as I'm currently working on a system with root read-only,
I know about what I'm speaking.

Thorsten