Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Update rpm configuration to fix issues and rationalize configuration

On Monday 2017-04-24 16:19, Neal Gompa wrote:

* Revert %_libexecdir to /usr/libexec. Currently, openSUSE overrides
rpm to define %_libexecdir as /usr/lib, which leads to pollution of
the /usr/lib directory with executable content as well as 64-bit
content when there shouldn't be any.

Notice how systemd uses

rootlibexecdir=$(rootprefix)/lib/systemd

Since a certain figure associated with the project is working with
RedHat, I can't help but think whether maybe SUSE was ahead of its time
to consolidate lib and libexec and that systemd copied our idea :-)