Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: A new home for python3 packages
On Monday, 10 April 2017 07:24:52 CEST Luigi Baldoni wrote:
Oliver Kurz-2 wrote

On Monday, 10 April 2017 04:47:09 CEST Luigi Baldoni wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed that some python3 packages I need are, in fact, python3-only
and that some other cannot be unified at the moment, if ever.

Also with the expectation of a mass-conversion d:l:p3 has been a tad
neglected
lately, so I was wondering if the packages above could be rehomed to
d:l:p.

Or perhaps it's too early?

The new python singlespec approach can support "python3-only" packages and
therefore the package should be able to find a home in d:l:p. See
https://en.opensuse.org/
openSUSE:Packaging_Python_Singlespec#Packages_for_single_Python_version
for details

Last time I tried it didn't work.
Also I refer to the "As of 2017-03-07, however, this is untested and
probably broken."
clause.

Has the problem been fixed, to your knowledge?

Many packages do work based on the singlespec recipes and this is merely a
"disclaimer" because some packages for sure still don't yet fully work.

In any case, what to do about packages that can't be unified because they
are developed
elsewhere than d:l:p?

I don't see a reason why the singlespec approach can not be used just because
the package is developed elsewhere also I can not answer that question.