Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package publishing: per target or per arch?
On Mittwoch, 29. März 2017, 15:36:27 CEST wrote Todd Rme:
I am a bit unclear about the rules for when build packages are pushed
to repositories. I have been told that it only occurs for a given
build target when all architectures for that target have finished
building. However, when I look at download.opensuse.org, it seems
packages are getting pushed from one architecture while another is
still building according to build.opensuse.org.

yes, indeed. OBS creates the publish event when all packages for one
architecture of an repository have a finished state.

that way you should always have a state which is installable (minus
bugs in package, minus build failures).

You may have double noarch and src packages therefore for some time
when one arch has finished and the other not.

So I was hoping to get a better understanding of how OSC decides
whether to publish a package. It is important because it has an
impact on how we structure our build targets.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

(AG Nürnberg)