Re: [opensuse-packaging] python singlespec: how to convert your package
Hi,

On Fri, 2017-02-17 at 18:31 +0100, jan matejek wrote:
7. If you are using update-alternatives, remove them.
Instead mark the executable as %python3_only:
%python3_only %{_bindir}/yourbinary
In most cases, we only need one version of the executable. If the
purpose of the tool is, e.g., reading EXIF metadata, we don't care if
python 2 or 3 reads them. (And the library files are still installed
for
both.)

Why? What if I only want the py2 version (including only the py2
dependencies)? Having the "binary" only shipped in the py3 package
means that I need all python3 packages installed.

Best

Tom