[opensuse-packaging] Re: python singlespec: how to convert your package
hello,

On 22.2.2017 06:08, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I have 13 python- packages not in d:l:p. Should I SR a copy to singlespec?

No. I'll be submitting all of singlespec to d:l:py at some point, this
would only cause confusion.

Let me know if you want me to look at the packages though.

I also have a bunch of non-python packages that have python-
sub-packages for python bindings. Should I just ensure manually that
they build python2- and python3- sub-packages?

At the moment, old-style packages should work fine, so I suggest leaving
it as-is, until there is singlespec support for packages like this.
(it's the next thing on my todo-list once the transition is on its way)

You can rename python- bindings to python2-, but this will probably only
be acceptable for Factory.

I'm the only consumer of these python binding sub-packages. Should I
just drop python- versions of the sub-packages?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you should
only build Python 3 version? Probably not -- you might be the only
consumer now, but why not have both (or all) pythons supported.

Or are you asking about moving from python- to python2- ? Again, that is
up to you.

Thanks
Greg