Re: [opensuse-packaging] how to avoid SUSE-Backports-policy-SLE-conflict
On Tue, 2017-01-17 at 11:20 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, Scott Bahling wrote:

We do want you and others to be able to use Backports as a base
wherever
possible. It might not work perfectly in all cases, but we are
interested in fixing issues where we can.

Is the actualy usage of Backports documented?

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Backports_How_To_Use#Adding_the_reposit
ory

It turned out one needs to
add Backports_SP0 and Backports_SP1 and Backports_SP2 to the repo list
to get all dependencies.

Yes. We do not migrate packages from the earlier SPs to the later one so
one must add all Backports repos. For registered SLE users, it will be
easier once we finish SCC integration (coming soon).

That is for using the packages as end user. For build dependencies, you
should be able to just use the latest _required_ SP target. That means
if the package you build works on SP1 and later, it should be built
against SP1.

-Scott
< Previous Next >