[opensuse-packaging] Re: How can I find the python package to satisfy a missing python script dependency?
On 9.1.2017 11:00, Dave Plater wrote:
The script with this header works on my local machine but fails in obs,
how can I find the python package that provides xml.etree.ElementTree :

import xml.etree.ElementTree as etree

if you have a machine where the necessary package is installed, you can
do this:

$ python2
import xml.etree.ElementTree
xml.etree.ElementTree.__file__
'/usr/lib64/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.pyc'

ask rpm about this file and it will give you the right package.

There is an alternate spelling of "import": "from A.B.C import D"
In that case, you can't generally ask about D.__file__, so instead
"import A.B.C" and ask about "A.B.C.__file__".

I don't think there is a general tool to do this. It might be worth
writing one for situations where you're looking for a package that you
don't have installed. There's some work in Fedora that I'm looking to
adopt, to automatically figure out pythonic dependencies.

m.