Re: [opensuse-packaging] how to avoid SUSE-Backports-policy-SLE-conflict
On Dienstag, 3. Januar 2017, 09:26:17 CET wrote Olaf Hering:
On Tue, Jan 03, Adrian Schröter wrote:

On Dienstag, 3. Januar 2017, 08:39:07 CET wrote Olaf Hering:
How is this supposed to be fixed?
[ 86s] build-compare.noarch: E: SUSE-Backports-policy-SLE-conflict
(Badness: 10000) Package with name build-compare already in SLE
well, short answer is that you are not allowed to modify build-compare
when you build for SLE backports.

build-compare is infrastructure, at the same level as OBS itself.

build-compare is a package. It is content and not OBS infrastructure.

It comes from the SLE code stream, so you can modify it only there
via a maintenance update atm. I don't think that we want to make
an exception here and to allow to have a fork in Backports project.
But I am not the Backports maintainer ;)

I suppose you plan to submit your packages to Backports, right?
If you just want to build them you could disable the check of course...

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

(AG Nürnberg)