[opensuse-packaging] Any limits on dependency resolver script?
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:32:29 +0800
Hi,

I wrote two external Provides/Requires resolver scripts for nodejs packaging.

Usually such scripts should take what RPM pass through it, that is,
filelist of buildroot.

But:

1. I ran the script locally by passing exactly the same filelist
through, it ran fine.

2. I let the script run on OBS, it gave different result, indicating
that a nested "each" loop is not completely looped (correct: loop
14000 times; wrong: loop 19 times)

3. I modified the code, to find the filelist myself. the result is correct.

So the problem is due to what RPM pass through.

But, eg, the self found list:

/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/...../gulp/package.json

the passed through list:

/home/abuild....package.json\n

the result was wrong even after I stripped '\n'.

so I wonder if there're any limits on resources in RPM dependency
resolving? like CPU usage...

Marguerite