Re: [opensuse-packaging] SLE_12_SP1 repository in devel projects
  • From: Detlef Steuer <detlef.steuer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 10:03:05 +0100
Am Fri, 18 Dec 2015 09:40:26 +0100
schrieb Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>:

Is there a reason why various projects build for SP3 and SP4 instead
of just a generic "SLE_11" target? I think the service packs are
compatible when used as a build environment. In packman,
devel:languages:ocaml and Virtualization only the generic "SLE_11"
and "SLE_12" targets exist for that reason.

Since SUSE:SLE-12-SP1:Update already exists (not sure if its already
populated) I wonder if it makes sense to adjust just the paths in the
existing "SLE_12" repositories instead of creating a new "SLE_12_SP1"
repositories in the devel projects.

I also always wondered about the "correct" way regarding *_SP? releases.
Would be great to get an answer or a link to stuff to read from someone
who knows.

Detlef

Also I wonder why multimedia:libs builds for SP3 and SP4, instead of
just SLE_11.

Olaf