Re: [opensuse-packaging] gnome and kde updates
On Fri, 2015-06-26 at 11:57 +1000, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
2 questions:

- Can Gnome be updated to the latest release ?

https://download.gnome.org/core/3.17/3.17.3/
https://download.gnome.org/apps/3.17/3.17.3/

Absolutely no - considering that TW is not a test bed, but targetting
user machines, we are not going to submit any betas of GNOME to
Tumbleweed... at BEST we might be considering RCs (as we did with the
introduction of 3.16, where the RCs were submitted for staging and the
finals then checked in to Tumbleweed).

If you really care for the development of GNOME, you can use the
GNOME:Next repository, which is kept up-to-date for developer testing
and will be merged into GNOME:Factory / openSUSE:Factory in due time.

Cheers,
Dominique