Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: is bash 'set -xv' possible for scriptlets during build?

Hello,

On Jun 25 12:41 Andreas Schwab wrote (excerpt):
Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> writes:

I would like to suggest to run RPM scriptlets during build
(and only during build) with bash 'set -xv' if possible.

That won't work for scriptlets that use a different interpreter.

I am talking only about bash.

In any case it requires a change in rpm to allow passing
arbitrary options to scriptlet execution.

I was more thinking about something like

# alias bash='bash -xv'

in the build system before it runs RPM scriptlets
but I cannot make serious impementation proposals because
my knowledge about build system internals is basically zero.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)