Re: [opensuse-packaging] systemd presets vs. package install order
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:25:55 +0200
Christian Boltz wrote:
[...]
I'm seriously thinking about adding something like
grep ' apparmor.service' /usr/lib/systemd/system-preset/*.preset
>/dev/null || systemctl enable apparmor.service
to make sure we get the expected result if the preset package wasn't
updated yet, while honoring the preset if it is there. This doesn't cover
all cases (especially tumbleweed -> newer tumbleweed [1]), but at least
updates from <= 13.2.

If apparmor was previously installed but not enabled you cannot know
whether the admin intentionally left it in that state. Maybe the admin
tried to use apparmor, ran into problems and didn't enable it at boot.
Therefore we cannot suddenly enable apparmor on upgrade just because
we changed our minds and enable apparmor on new installs again now.

If that is your scenario please do not add workarounds. The behavior is
expected as is.

The current presets method indeed has blind spots but I'm not sure you
hit one in your case. Anyways, there was a discussion about that a few
months ago:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2014-11/msg00061.html

We also discussed some smarter presets handling offline but I'm not
sure if Stanislav already had time to draft something.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel