Re: [opensuse-packaging] suse_version handling troubles/solutions
On Thu, Jun 11, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:

Introduce extra macro, ie %opensuse_version YYYYMMDD which would be based on
the snapshots and always bumped, so we can seriously finegrain what to enable.

Its easy to find differences between 13.1, SLE12 and 13.2 because the
trees are available. Knowing how todays and last months TW snapshot
differ is timeconsuming and cumbersome. Not sure if the new
post-SLE12-GA approach is supposed to be a moving target like
Factory/TW. If its supposed to be a release then it gets a suse_version.
Given the roadmaps I have seen suse_version can cope with the roadmap:
1315 = GA
1316 = SP1+
etc.

Olaf