Re: [opensuse-packaging] locate a list of perl modules on the 'openSUSE Build Service'
  • From: Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 07:33:44 -0400
On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 9:38 PM, Jason Craig <os-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/04/2015 06:47 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:

Am Samstag, 4. April 2015 schrieb doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Checking for DBD-SQLite (v1.29) not found
Checking for DBD-Oracle (v1.19) not found
Checking for GD (v1.20) not found
Checking for Chart (v2.1.0) not found
Checking for Template-GD (any) not found
Checking for GDTextUtil (any) not found
Checking for GDGraph (any) not found
Checking for RadiusPerl (any) not found
Checking for mod_perl (v1.999022) not found
Checking for Apache-SizeLimit (v0.96) not found

These are your homework - just "translate" them to (Build)Requires like
I showed above.

When you have done that, feel free to come back with the (much shorter)
list of modules that really aren't there - or search for them yourself
using something like osc se -s perl-DBD ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

Also note that DBD-Pg, DBD-SQLite and DBD-Oracle are database drivers for
PostgreSQL, SQLite and Oracle, respectively. I would imagine that you only
need one of those, you just need to choose which database you want to use,
then you only need the driver for that database.

Although it wouldn't hurt to have all three of those Perl DB drivers
installed, you almost certainly don't want to set up three different
databases....

You'll likely want to specify those as BuildRequires so the interfaces
for those databases are configured, but as mentioned you very likely
do not want or for them all to be installed. I would recommend that
you create sub-packages for the supported databases and use those to
define the Requires, i.e. bugzilla-postgresql, bugzilla-mysql, etc.
Take a look at the request-tracker package in devel:language:perl for
a reference.

At one point in time I packaged bugzilla up like this but don't recall
if I ever published it in OBS, I'll need to look. But then again after
discovering request-tracker it would pain me to have to move back to
bugzilla, but to each his own;-)

--
Jason Craig