[opensuse-packaging] Advice for moving a conf file
Hi I need an advice about one of the package I normally maintain.

collectd https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:monitoring/collectd

Upstream now give a real systemd service file to start the daemon.

Previously the configuration file was in /etc/collectd.conf

Now the systemd service file is expecting it in /etc/collectd/collectd.conf

The old init script is still pointing to /etc/collectd.conf

What would be the best approach (especially for migration)

In pre, test if /etc/collectd.conf exist and move it the /etc/collectd (which
exist but empty)
patch upstream make install
patch upstream systemd service file

Any comments appreciate.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
irc: tigerfoot