Re: [opensuse-packaging] What is equivalent zypper command to install various perl modules ?
  • From: Robert Munteanu <robert.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 15:03:06 +0300
On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM, <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- What is equivalent zypper command to install various perl modules ?

Let's see how one of the perl modules I already have installed looks like

$ rpm -q --provides perl-DBD-SQLite
SQLite.so()(64bit)
perl(DBD::SQLite) = 1.42
perl(DBD::SQLite::_WriteOnceHash)
perl(DBD::SQLite::db)
perl(DBD::SQLite::dr)
perl-DBD-SQLite = 1.42-1.2
perl-DBD-SQLite(x86-64) = 1.42-1.2

Out of this I can extract a pattern ; each perl module is expected to
provide perl($CPAN_MODULE_NAME)

Given that we can search for packages providing a given capability
using zypper, a search for DBD::MySQL would be

$ zypper se --provides 'perl(DBD::MySQL)
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary
--+----------------+-----------------------------------------------------+--------
| perl-DBD-mysql | MySQL driver for the Perl5 Database Interface
(DBI) | package

- Which repository are they from ?

Many perl modules are available from the main OSS repo. Some extra
ones should be available in devel:languages:perl , but you'll have to
find out for yourself which ones ( if any ) need that extra repo.

Cheers,

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/