Re: [opensuse-packaging] py2pack ignores requirements.txt?
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 17:41:19 +0100
Jason Craig <os-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/02/2015 02:54 AM, Todd Rme wrote:

A lot of packages have a setup.y file that reads in the
requirements.txt file and uses it for the dependencies. py2pack
doesn't handle this situation.

At the very least, the contents of requirements.txt could be put in
Recommends (or Suggests, although I don't like Suggests because YaST
doesn't support it).

OK, but that still doesn't necessarily tell me that py2pack should
be changed to read requirements.txt. To me it says that py2pack
should be modified such that it will properly handle a setup.py file
that builds the install_requires argument through any outside means,
including by reading the requirements.txt file.

Right - that's what I said, and that's what

https://github.com/saschpe/py2pack/pull/9

is for.