Re: [opensuse-packaging] py2pack ignores requirements.txt?
On 04/01/2015 02:10 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
Is it just me or does py2pack really ignore requirements.txt files and
assume that dependencies are only stated within setup.py? I have
filed this as

https://github.com/saschpe/py2pack/issues/25

but that would seem like such a fundamental feature gap that it seems
more likely that I'm missing something (after all I am a Python
packaging newbie), otherwise presumably py2pack would be useless for
many modules.

Packages declare their dependencies in setup.py, so that is where py2pack looks for them, just like setuptools and pip. As far as I understand it, a requirements file is more for developing a set of packages with versions known to work well in a certain configuration--e.g. if you are deploying a web application with a complex list of requirements that is only really tested with a specific set of versions of those requirements, something of that nature.

I think this behavior is by design.

--
Jason Craig