Re: [opensuse-packaging] Python 3 only
denisart benjamin2 wrote:
Le 24/02/2015 17:48, Michael Ströder a écrit :
Alberto Planas Dominguez wrote:
On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 02:19:29 PM Benjamin Denisart wrote:

If we want doing something to reduce mass of work, we should
instead
decide what to do with python2 and 3 packages. I purpose that each
time
a package is py3-compatbile and is not a dependency of a py2-only
package, we provide py3 version only in Factory.
Quite radical! : )
Somewhat understandable but it's pretty hard to decide whether both
conditions
are really met. Especially the condition "is not a dependency of a py2-only
package" is likely a moving target.
=> Probably this approach would lead to a much bigger mess.

I think the hardest part is how we could handle it. Does It require we stop
providing python3-x and just provide python-x under python3 ? Or a
provide/obsolete from each py3 packages ? I don't know.

The hardest part is how to handle new dependencies introduced by py2-only
packages added *after* making the decision for the providing a py3-only package.

=> IMHO it's not worth the effort thinking about all the corner-cases.
Please leave it like it is.

Ciao, Michael.

< Previous Next >