[opensuse-packaging] Re: Python 3 only
On 02/24/2015 02:42 PM, Alberto Planas Dominguez wrote:
On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 02:19:29 PM Benjamin Denisart wrote:

If we want doing something to reduce mass of work, we should
instead
decide what to do with python2 and 3 packages. I purpose that each
time
a package is py3-compatbile and is not a dependency of a py2-only
package, we provide py3 version only in Factory.
Quite radical! : )

I kind of like the idea, but maybe makes more sense after the default
Python version installed in Factory is only Python 3. After that, we can
make Factory an only Python 3 distribution, removing packages like in
your proposal.

Thanks,
Alberto Planas

Sure, but not before a long time so ! Cause a lot of packages still doesn't support py3. And because we don't have final specifications for unified specfile.