Re: [opensuse-packaging] is "buildall.sh" a magic file in OBS?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:58:19 -0500
Thanks, I deleted it.
--
Greg Freemyer

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 2:23 AM, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg,

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 19:36 -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I'm looking at

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/filesystems/ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs

and I don't understand what "buildall.sh" is or if it is ever invoked.
The contents of the file refer to older releases, so I suspect it is a
remnant junk file at this point.

The commend in the file of that package reads:
# Script to build ntfs-3g for several distributions using osc, the
opensuse
# buildservice client. Needs to be started from the checked-out
directory
# of a project which provides needed packages, e.g. osc co
home:benkai:ntfs/NTFS-3g

I see it referenced as a source file in the spec file, but I don't see
it actually used.

I have removed the file and the spec file reference to it in my branch
of the file and it still builds fine.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:gregfreemyer:branches:filesystems/ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs

So in fact, this is just a script the maintainer created for himself
back in the days (file last changed 6 years ago) to do local osc builds
across all distributions. probably to test before checking in and
'wasting' build cycles on the server farm. It is not used/referenced by
the actual build itself.

Dominique
--
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>