Re: [opensuse-packaging] List of newer, not yet packaged software?
On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 07:59:24AM +0100, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 02/06/2015 07:19 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 06.02.2015 um 06:56 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
Hi packagers,
is somewhere a page where people can raise awareness of new releases
that are not yet packaged? For example there is a new Doxygen and
ParaView version.
Probably those capable building the packages are not aware of the new
versions.

Comment on the devel package's page on build.opensuse.org

You mean the attribute "openSUSE:UpstreamVersion"?

At least here [1] it is 2 versions behind reality: it is at 2-year
old "8.21" while upstream and downstream is already at "8.23".
Strange enough - I can't edit or delete this attrbute.

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/attribs/Base:System/coreutils

Well, coolo meant the free form comment:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/coreutils
got to the bottom of the page and add something to the Comment field.

THe attribute is to be driven by scripts and only writable by some. I
changed the attribute to 8.23 now.

You could also:

- submit the version update yourself (see OBS collaboration wiki page for
branching and submitting changes)

- email the package maintainer

- open a bug for the package maintainer in our bugzilla

Ciao, Marcus