Re: [opensuse-packaging] patch names: maybe include patch numbers?
On 01/12/2015 10:33 AM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
can you explain the reason behind why it would be good
to have the number of the patch in its name?

basically it's the same as what Yamabam wrote:
to know the order of the patches at first glance,

After reading all your comments, I think I maybe just should
go with some prefixes like "upstream-" or "downstream-" which
also gives a rough idea about the categorization.

After all, it was just an idea, and I wanted to know whether
others are using something like such patch numbering names.

The most useful pointer was maybe to switch to GIT for the
patch management. My problem hereby is that it's not a big
deal to switch to it right now, but rather how to get the whole
history of the revisions from OBS into GIT. How did others
do the switch?

Thanks & have a nice day,
Berny