[opensuse-packaging] Go library packaging guidelines
Hi,

i would like to discuss the current go library packaging guidelines.

In my opinion we have to add the user or organization part of libraries hosted
on github or bitbucket. As I’m currently working on some Go packages i realized
that there are so many different „cli“ libraries or simply named „go“ or
„core“. Following the naming scheme we have to name them „go-cli“, „go-go“ and
„go-core“. Everybody knows how much different libraries we can cover that way.

While i tried to package another library i ran into another issue. There are go
libraries that depend on each other. Like
https://github.com/shurcooL/go/blob/master/github_flavored_markdown/main.go
<https://github.com/shurcooL/go/blob/master/github_flavored_markdown/main.go>
and https://github.com/russross/blackfriday/blob/master/block.go
<https://github.com/russross/blackfriday/blob/master/block.go>, which will be
named „go-go“ and „go-blackfriday“. They are imported each other which won’t
work with seperate packages. How should we solve something like that?

Regards,
Thomas Boerger
  • No further messages