Re: [opensuse-packaging] -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX does not work
On Wednesday 29 January 2014 13:09:16 Tomáš Chvátal wrote:

Dne St 29. ledna 2014 11:50:50, Ilya Chernykh napsal(a):
This problem exists in nearly every package based on cmake. When I am trying
to build a cmake application for KDE3 (where it should be in /opt/kde3
prefix), it gets installed in /usr. I already abandoned several packages
and in other ones I manually patched the makefiles. Is there a general way,
or CMAKE is just a buggy crap?

The INSTALL_PREFIX is not what you expect it to be.

Like in autotools if you specify --prefix then it overrides all other nested
values. It sadly is not usually the case in cmake. Mostly it depends on how
the CMakeLists.txt are written.

The CMakeLists.txt does not mention prefix at all. In no file I found any
prefix override yet it always is set to /usr.

I contacted the upstream and they say I should specify -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
but it does not help! I already spent two days for it as if I had nothing to do
besides! This is so frustrating!