Re: [opensuse-packaging] -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX does not work
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:09:16 +0100
Dne St 29. ledna 2014 11:50:50, Ilya Chernykh napsal(a):
This problem exists in nearly every package based on cmake. When I am trying
to build a cmake application for KDE3 (where it should be in /opt/kde3
prefix), it gets installed in /usr. I already abandoned several packages
and in other ones I manually patched the makefiles. Is there a general way,
or CMAKE is just a buggy crap?

The INSTALL_PREFIX is not what you expect it to be.

Like in autotools if you specify --prefix then it overrides all other nested
values. It sadly is not usually the case in cmake. Mostly it depends on how
the CMakeLists.txt are written.

Cheers

Tom