RE: [opensuse-packaging] Re: RPM in openSUSE 13.1
Am 2014-01-16 20:50, schrieb Marco Cimmino Gibellini:
Hi again,
I am honest with you, I am not really interested in internal
discussions, nor you telling me how I should code or not code. Since
Skype does NOT make calls on openSUSE 13.1 64-bit out of the box, I
need to address this issue pulling the right dependencies to make this
happen.

I am asking a simple question I think and I did not get a specific
answer or maybe I got lost with the too many of them.
Is there a way in openSUSE to create ONE single RPM that is MULTIARCH,
like all the major distributions allows since ~2012, that pulls a
SPECIFIC package at 32-bit, regardless the running openSUSE arch
underneath.
This package is indeed: alsa-plugins-pulse(x86-32)

So far I tried many ways and either works for 32-bit only or 64-bit,
it does not work for both or sometimes it failed to work at all.
Someone else suggested to depend on a specific library name, don't
like too much this approach, seems just a workaround and may break
with library's name change in the future, but if it is the only way
ok, is this going to work?
Requires: libasound_conf_pulse.so

best
Marco

There are many ways, you just have to decide what matches your case the best.

Another approach may look like the following:

1) check, if you're building on x86_64 etc.
2) if the above AND building on SUSE, Require: alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit
3) if not on SUSE nor 64bit, always use the 'normal' package name

%ifarch x86_64 amd64 ia32e
%if 0%{suse_version}
Requires: alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit
%endif
%else
Requires: alsa-plugins-pulse(x86-32)
%endif

Easy and straightforward, don't you think?

--
Aeneas Jaissle » e: aj@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent using Roundcube Webmail and Kolab on openSUSE