Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: RPM in openSUSE 13.1
On Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2014, 02:11:58 wrote Jan Engelhardt:
On Thursday 2014-01-16 01:59, Marco Cimmino Gibellini wrote:

Ok, anyway, what I am trying to achieve is the following:
depends on alsa-plugins-pulse for 32-bit openSUSE and on
alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit for 64-bit openSUSE, all using the SAME rpm package
that is built using 32-bit openSUSE.

Again, on Fedora I can just add (x86-32) after the package name, on openSUSE
how can achieve that? For now I either got an rpm working on 32-bit openSUSE
or 64-bit openSUSE, not one that works for both.

%if 0{?suse_version}
ExclusiveArch: i586
Recommends: libasound_conf_pulse.so
%endif

You miss the ExportFilter: rule with this approach. Otherwise the x86_64
scheduler will never see the package from i586 build. But ...

(This shall work because 64-bit copy of plugin-pulse is represented
using a different string, namely libasound_conf_pulse.so()(64bit) .)

.. we have actually the baselibs mechanism in OBS for such tasks.
It is a simple text file, which will be used automatically if a i586
build runs and it will generate some extra packages with the listed
binary files for the other architecture.

Check for example the openssl baselibs.conf file. You need nothing else
then to place such a file next to your spec file and the build script
and OBS takes care for the rest:

osc cat openSUSE:Factory openssl baselibs.conf

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

(AG Nürnberg)