Re: [opensuse-packaging] keep services enabled during upgrade
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 01:37:46PM +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:

What is the best way to keep an already enabled sysv runlevel script
enabled when the package moves from sysv init scripts to .service files?
To me it looks like having the service file listed in the
preset-branding files is not enough when doing rpm -Fvh X.rpm. The
result is a disabled service if the previous version of X.rpm had an
active /etc/init.d/X and the current version has a X.service.
I'm forced to run 'systemctrl start X.service' after every reboot.

Would at least a "zypper dup" allow that because it sets
YAST_IS_RUNNING?

If the name of the init script and the service are the same, the %service*
macros do that themselves.

systemctl enable X.service to make it default enabled.

Ciao, Marcus