Re: [opensuse-packaging] New OBS notification mails
On 13.12.2013 13:27, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Hi,

coolo and Christopher Hofmann created an initial implementation
of notification support in OBS.

In the long run we want to obsolete hermes.o.o with that approach
in the hope that we can offer

* improved email content
* in the right situations
* and way better direct integration in OBS, without
the need to change interfaces.

For a smooth migration, we want to enable the emails in OBS next week,
while we will also de-register the notifications in hermes at the same
point of time.

There is also already a very-very first interface in build.opensuse.org
where you can configure your notifications already (but it will have
no effect until we enable the mail delivery):

https://build.opensuse.org/user/notifications

We know that the interface is not yet designed under usability aspects,
the functionality was our first goal. But an improved interface and
more optoins will come for sure.

OBS sends mail now and I mass disabled the top 3 hermes subscriptions:

Request Create "My incoming Requests"
Request change "My created Requests"
Request change "My incoming Requests"

I did not touch rest of the hermes subsciptions - hermes will be around
for a while, but I would like to hear from you if you're unable to
migrate away from it.

Greetings, Stephan