Re: [opensuse-packaging] EXE-File of mono application is not included in OBS generated package

On Sunday 2013-12-15 01:30, Christian Boltz wrote:

Please avoid using 744 permissions (in fact, I typically open a
bugreport if I see this permission set ;-)

If the binary should be executable for everybody (even if it only prints
"you must be root to run me"), it should have 755.

Otherwise, 700 is enough - if a user isn't allowed to execute it, read
permissions don't really make sense IMHO ;-)

Keeping read permissions from the user is quite useless too:
you could just grab the RPM from an FTP and extract it to look at it.

In other words, just set all x bits. Unless it is a SUID/SGID program,
all users being able to execute it does not make a situation worse.