Re: [opensuse-packaging] EXE-File of mono application is not included in OBS generated package
Hello,

Am Samstag, 14. Dezember 2013 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
# put trace2server in /usr/sbin
install -m 744 ../bin/trace2server $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_sbindir}

I picked 744 because 7 means read/write/execute for "root". The 4's
mean read only for group and all. If this is going into /usr/sbin,
then I assume it should be executable by root only. If it is should
be executable by all, then it should go into %{_bindir} and have
permissions 755.

Please avoid using 744 permissions (in fact, I typically open a
bugreport if I see this permission set ;-)

If the binary should be executable for everybody (even if it only prints
"you must be root to run me"), it should have 755.

Otherwise, 700 is enough - if a user isn't allowed to execute it, read
permissions don't really make sense IMHO ;-)

(besides that, /usr/sbin/ is usually not in the user's path - which
means he'll explicitely have to type "/usr/sbin/trace2server" if he
really wants to run it)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Ohh jee ... ich will mein yast1 wieder *heul* :-))
Ich hab's noch, ich hab's noch... *freu* *hüpf* *SuSE 7.3 behalt*