Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Re: krb5 dependency in Base:System
On 29.11.2013 10:05, Richard Biener wrote:
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Richard Biener wrote:
It's been long ago since I looked, but the issue is that the bare
system (what is required by aaa_base) is too broad for the build
system (and also for very stripped installed systems if you consider
to populate a chroot - no booting! - that just wants to be able to
execute a shell).

That is because it requires a 'login' command.

Nowadays login comes from util-linux though.

Bah - my 12.1 still has a separate login package ;) I remember
us splitting that from util-linux because util-linux pulls in
udev.

Well, uphill battle ... ;)

I suppose util-linux is
needed anyways so login itself probably isn't the problem anymore.

AFAIK 'login' is the reason we pull in pam at all.

And for the build-system chroot we shouldn't need util-linux either ...

Well, kill(1) is handy :)

But we do use su(1) to become abuild user within the chroot.

Greetings, Stephan