Re: [opensuse-packaging] Request for testcases on spec-cleaner
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:23:07 +0100
Dne Pá 22. listopadu 2013 04:50:44, Jan Engelhardt napsal(a):
On Thursday 2013-11-21 21:23, Christian Boltz wrote:
- %makeinstall -C utils -> make DESTDIR=%{buildroot} install
%{?_smp_mflags}>
Are you really serious about not using %makeinstall? IMHO DESTDIR=...
just adds noise to the spec.

It does not currently do that (but it should).
Are you on an old version?

Oh but it does on latest version, dunno what git you use.

- rm -fv %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/libapparmor.la
%{buildroot}%{_libdir}/libimmunix.la>
-> find %{buildroot} -type f -name "*.la" -delete -print

Does it really do that? Then that is a bug.

Killing .la files in all of %buildroot is _wrong_. They may at most be
removed from directories that the runtime linker (ld.so)
searches by default.

As I said, it is a bug but quite harmless one as I explained the only known
package to use them properly is the imagemagick. I will still write test for
it.

Basically apart from imagemagic the only thing that should provide .la files on
your system is gcc.

I see my spec-cleaner proposed changes still were not merged.

Because, 1 you were obviously unable to use github to create request and, 2 I
implemented in meantime different approach for your prolbem.

So if you think something is lacking just create the pull and I will gladly
review/merge it.

Tom