Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-packaging (174 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-packaging] Request for testcases on spec-cleaner
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:49:22 +0100
  • Message-id: <2244646.7dlrNoUrFt@mosquito>
Dne Čt 21. listopadu 2013 21:23:17, Christian Boltz napsal(a):

I just tested with security:apparmor apparmor.spec, and the result looks
interesting[tm]. I'm quite sure you can make some testcases from it ;-)

Some examples:

- Requires: perl(DBD::SQLite) -> Requires: perl(DBD
Requires: SQLite)
It should be obvious what is wrong ;-)

Yup will convert to testcase, on that note i should probably put there the tex
deps too.

- %makeinstall -C utils -> make DESTDIR=%{buildroot} install
%{?_smp_mflags} Are you really serious about not using %makeinstall? IMHO
DESTDIR=... just adds noise to the spec.

%makeinstall is horrid thing that needed to die 5 years ago :)
What I would love to is to use %make_install macro but then people complain
that it was introduced in 11.4 or 12.1 and so it is too new (christ we need
easy way how to move macros in obs from newer version if they do not alter
behaviour and just be done with it :))

^ This apply also for other macros like %cmake and many on. Because if bug for
something is in macro, we adjust it once, but if each package is spawned with
own command good luck with that. Perfect example is the issue before, if we
had macro like %prune_la life would be lovely :)

- rm -fv %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/
%{buildroot}%{_libdir}/ -> find %{buildroot} -type f -name
"*.la" -delete -print

Aha that is bug it should only prune those that use * there. Well honestly we
don't want la files anyway so it won't do harm.
Only package I was ever aware of using libtool archives for modules loading is
imagemagick or something like that. If the filelist is still happy I would say
we are covered.

- %dir %attr(-, root, root) %{_sysconfdir}/apparmor -> %dir %attr(-,
Already known as

Hmm was not aware of the bug but seen the behaviour myself :)
So I already have testcase in place there something like installargs it is
called :)

That are the most important issues I noticed.
spec-cleaner does many more changes, so I'd like to ask you to check
the changes it does to apparmor.spec yourself. Many changes are OK,
but I'm quite sure there are also some not-so-good changes that I
didn't mention above.

I will test it for sure, I so far tried with Michal on libreoffice mysql and
libs from there and it at least built which is certain improvement.

So I will for sure try to convert it to tests. If you try it somewhere else
and find it failing somewhere that it aint covered yet just really reply here
again or open issue on github.

That all said - enjoy the hackweek!


< Previous Next >